but we NEVER GAVE UP. At least some of us didn’t! 🙂
1. What happened in the classroom when you found out that the teachers were gone?
2. How did your group react and why? Write your answers in Padlet. Click on the link and then in the Padlet just double click anywhere to start writing.
3. Read the text GONE again. Read the text aloud and together in your groups.
4. Compare the reactions of your group to the students in the text. Can you find any similarities?
5. Which are the main characters and how are they described in the text? Underline the information that you find in the text. Be prepared to tell another group what you have found.
6. The groups tell each other what they have written and talked about. Two groups get together and tell each other.
We have created characters and every character needed a superpower.
When the teachers left us, our task was to tell the group members about our characters.
We, how managed to stay calm, did it like this. Below you can watch a few examples:
Yesterday was a bit odd, right?
We read the first the chapter of the book Gone written by Michael Grant. The book is a Dystopia . It is situated in the US and in a school. Suddenly the students realize that everyone above the age of 15 is gone. Poof. Gone.
So when the teachers had finished reading the first chapter they left the classroom. They didn’t come back! Guess what happened! It turned out to be chaos! The teachers just left an envelope with a QR-code in. Nothing else. No instructions. Nothing. Someone knew that it was a QR- code and scanned it. There we found the instructions!
Use a QR-app to scan the picture
When the lessons were finished the teachers came back! Lucky us! Some of us realized that we behaved EXACTLY as in the book and we didn’t know about it. We were 14 groups and 6 stayed calm in the chaos and followed the instructions and the rest .. well… Busy, busy doin’ nothing at all…
Now we have finished reading and working with the book The Same Stars.
Our task in both classes, 9A and 9B, was to write about how we thought the book ended.
So we did. You can read our texts below. They are made in Simplebooklet.
/ Oliver and Lucas
The end of the Same Stars
”Ihr seid also der Meinung, dass eine Diktatur heute in Deutschland nicht mehr möglich wäre?”
1. Was ist der Unterschied zwischen Diktatur und Demokratie?
2. Was bedeutet das Wort Faschismus?
Beantworte hier im Blog.
Era nyhetsartiklar finns nu samlade i en e-bok gjord i Simplebooklet.
Läs och ta del av er allas berättelser ifrån krigets hetluft.