Last lesson was very emotional. I hope you now better understand why people have to flee from their homes.
On Friday I will not be here. You may read the whole lesson. You have to finish the book before the lesson starts on Tuesday next week.
Today we are going to continue talking about AGAIN.
Use this VENN diagram.
1. Can you find anything that happened during WW2 that is the same that is happening to the refugees from Syria today? Write that in the middle of the circle.
2. Write examples of what happened to the refugees during WW2 that aren’t happening today in the left part of the circle.
3. Write examples of what is happening today that didn’t happen during WW2. Write that in the right part of the circle.
4. During WW2, from which countries did most refugees come and why?
5. Can you find evidence from the Swedish history – have Swedes ever fled our country? If so, when and why?
You can use the book we are reading. You can use what you have learnt during your history lessons.
You may use Google, but be careful and try to find out if it is true what you are reading.
Are newspaper articles always true? Are there any differences depending on what country you find the news in? Use a Venn diagram again. Help each other in the group. When you find something that is the same you write that in the middle.
I also want you to comment here in the blog. Answer the question: Do find anything that happened during WW2 that also happens today?
Breaking News – Austria
The Guardian – Great Britain
BBC – Great Britain
The Washington Post – USA